Job Title: Part Time Bookkeeper
Division: Finance and Administration
Reports to: President and CEO
Under the general direction of the CEO, this position is responsible for managing the overall financial procedures of the organization including all bookkeeping functions, preparation for audit and tax filings, maintaining appropriate accounting controls, and the financial portions of grant management. This position will work with the CEO in developing financial and budget reports for management purposes. This is a part- time, permanent position. 15 to 20 hours per week. Between $15 to $18 per hour based on experience. General office hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday- Friday.
Interested persons should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Coordinate and manage all activities for the annual audit, including preparation for financial statements and tax filings by accounting firm.
- Prepare and/or review journal entries to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Review/maintain general ledger accounts which accurately reflect the financial activity of the organization.
- Maintain a monthly financial reporting system that supports the annual budget.
- Provide monthly financial reports to staff and to the Board of Directors.
- Manage purchasing, accounts payable, pledges receivable, and collection activities.
- Review all expenditures and prepare for approval by senior management.
- Manage campaign pledge audit/processing and processing of designations.
- Supervise cash flow management.
Grant Management & Accounting
- Ensure that General Ledger accurately reflects grant activity including appropriate classification of restrictions, if any.
- Work with processing staff to ensure donations have been processed accurately and completely and that grants are paid to agencies on schedule.
- Support volunteers on the Finance Committee, per the direction of the CEO.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Training and experience in QuickBooks.
- Experience in non-profit accounting is preferred.
- Understanding of appropriate accounting controls and procedures.
- Ability to prepare financial reports for presentation to experts and to the public.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including the use of computers.
- Considerable knowledge of computer software programs and applications for financial management (including financial accounting software and Excel).
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish positive public relations, and to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a part-time position. 15 to 20 hours per week. Days and hours of work will generally fall between Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.