Advancing the Common Good: Creating Opportunities for a Better Life for All
Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
That’s why United Way’s work is focused on the building blocks for a good life:
- Education – Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- Income – Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
- Support VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
- Support EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) and CTC (Child Tax Credit)
- Health – Improving People’s Health
- Support CHIP (Childrens Health Insurance Program)
Advancing the common good is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, when people are healthy.
United Way’s goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of these problems. Living united means being a part of the change. It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future.
Champion a Cause. ADVOCATE